In a year when the United Nations has declared 2012 as the “International Year of Cooperatives”, Travis Hance, General Manager of the Syracuse Real Food Co-op, was recently selected by the National Cooperative Grocers Association from nominees across the United States, as one of two emerging co-op leaders, under the age of 35, to participate in the “Future Co-op Leaders” program that will be offered as part of the 2012 International Summit of Cooperatives taking place in Quebec City. Hance is part of a group of approximately 230 selected cooperators from all over the world who are participating in this special program. He has also been chosen to introduce to the full Summit, Stephen C. Smith, who is the Director of the Institute for International Economic Policy and is Professor of Economics and International Affairs at George Washington University. Smith received his PHD in economics from Cornell University and has been a Fulbright Research Scholar.
- Chef Will serves up a tasty Watermelon Salad. Watermelon Salad with Feta and Mint Ingredients • 1 (5-pound) watermelon • 1/4 cup red wine vinegar • Salt and pepper • 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint • 4 ounces feta cheese,
- Co-op Member Chef Will Lewis Serves Up Some Great Food At The SRFC 40th Anniversary Celebration
- Dick Case Of The Syracuse Post Standard Writes An Article About The Co-op’s 40th Anniversary & It’s Celebration On Saturday September 8th From 12:00 PM To 5:00 PM At The Co-op
- Kevin & Don Travel To Southwest Community Center To Work With SRFC Member Chef Will. Kevin Showed 3 Groups Of Campers (Over 100 Children) The Organic Produce Sold At The Co-op
- SRFC Supplier Grindstone Farm Has Open House At Pulaski Farm