Chef Will serves up a tasty Watermelon Salad.
Watermelon Salad with Feta and Mint
• 1 (5-pound) watermelon
• 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
• Salt and pepper
• 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
• 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
• 6 whole mint sprigs
Cut the flesh from the melon and cut into bite size pieces, removing and
discarding the seeds, and set aside.
In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, salt, pepper, and whisk until salt is
dissolved. Slowly whisk in the olive oil, a few drops at a time. Add in the
chopped mint, taste, and adjust seasonings.
In a large bowl, combine the melon, and feta. Pour the dressing over the
melon mixture and toss gently until everything is coated and evenly mixed.
Garnish with mint sprigs.
To serve, divide salad among individual plates and garnish with mint leaves
- SRFC Supplier Grindstone Farm Has Open House At Pulaski Farm
- Member Neena Mitchell With Allan Gandelman & Bob Cat Of Main Street Farms During Aquaponics Demo At Co-op
- Travis Hance of SRFC was recently interviewed by Post Standard food writer Rochelle Bilow about food labels
- Alexis & Sarah At The Co-op Table At The Fleet Feet 5K Run At OCC
- Reina At Co-op Table Painting Faces At Ed Smith School