Syracuse Real Food Co-op is owned, controlled, and used by member-owners; individuals who are invested in the mutual benefit that our sustainable, thriving, cooperative commerce brings to our community.
Your contribution and continued participation in the Syracuse Real Food Co-op is a valuable investment for you individually. It is also an effective economic and social tool for our community. Equity contributions help the co-op support local farmers, producers, and artisans; provide jobs to the local community; and finance community outreach programs.
Coops are owned and democratically controlled by the people they serve. Being an owner is the best way to ensure that your co-op continues to meet your needs. There are other benefits to becoming an owner of SRFC. Those benefits include:
- A voice and a vote in the co-ops decisions
- Eligibility to run for our Board of Directors
- Eligibility to participate in owner committees
- Quarterly issues of The New Leaf
- Access to special ordering, so you can purchase items at discount prices
- Owners Choice – 10% discount one day every month
- Special Owner only sales
- Use of the Co-op’s free Lending Library
- Discounts at businesses who participate in our Community Connections program
- Access to special owner events such as farm tours, movie nights, potlucks and more!
Becoming an Owner:To become an owner, a $100.00 capital investment is required ($50.00 for Seniors (65+) and Students). Payment plans are available.* Becoming an owner is easy! Just fill out the information below
The security of your personal information is very important to us. This website uses 256 bit SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) High Grade Encryption to protect your information that is sent over the internet. This keeps your information safe from interception. To identify if you are in a secure area of a website look at the address of the website. An unsecured area may look like this "http://www". When in a secure area, the website address will look like this "https://www" identifying the "s" which means secure. This is true on all websites on the internet.
*No one is denied ownership. If you are unable to make the up-front investment, you can still become an owner! Please contact us to make alternate payment arrangements.